Friday, March 28, 2008

Greetings!

Narentan Tales will be a repository of extracts from "Seabird" which is currently available via Amazon, Barnes & Noble & by special order at your brick & mortar bookstore.

Support your local bookstore, or soon it won't be there to support!

Just to confuse everyone, I'll slip in the occasional extract from "Earthbow" in the hopes you'll comment on how terrible it is so far. "Earthbow" is the sequel to "Seabird" and it's the manuscript that I'm currently revising for Dave at Gryphonwood.

Since I won't be able to resist it, please resign yourself to seeing my commentary about writing the books, my individual characters, what it was like hunting for a publisher and all that "good stuff" (good, once it's over).

I'll try to color-code the Seabird / Earthbow extracts vs the commentary to keep your confusion to a minimum. Except on April Fool's Day. You've been warned.

If you would like me to write about anything in particular, ask. Please come and hang out with me, and please comment!

In the Remembrance,

SherryT

And buy many, many copies of "Seabird". You need many, many copies of "Seabird".

3 comments:

Xanthorpe said...

Well met and kept one hopes for the tired tale-bearer!

I think this is a great idea and methinks it looks swell. Oops - there I go again mixing diction again. Sigh.

Seriously, I think the blog looks good, is informative, and suits a grand opening just fine. Later, when all your adoring fans have grown tired of reading your profile over and over and over, it might be a good idea to put it on the sidebar.

Do you only have that little space in the middle to work with? What a waste of page if that's the case! Can you create links for the intro or other information? That would unclutter the page somewhat.

Of course, I know nothing about the blogosphere excepting my own feeble (and rare) attempts at sports commentary over at The Xanthorpe Code.

Not that sports has anything to do with fantasy writing but, hey, it's a blog!

Sherry, I wish you the best with this (one more) labor of love. I hope to visit often and get s peek at Earthbow!

Mike D (FL)

Xanthorpe said...

Oh, and one more thing: I added a Review of Seabird on Amazon. Hope you like it!

SherryT said...

Hi, Mike!

Thanks for stopping by!

I appreciate all of the compliments and encouraging words--and the review on Amazon!

When it comes to your concerns, I have not got one clue what to do. I feel like I'm riding a cow, compared to my LiveJournal horse. I dont know how to give the commands I need to give this blog and make it obey.

If LJ allowed a complete sidebar, I would have put this blog over there with the other one. I don't know. For all I know, LJ does allow bloggers to have a sidebar but I've never understood how.

Re my Profile, I agree with you that the current location sucks. It started off on the side but it seemed to run down the page for yards because the sidebar was so narrow. The only other place I could make it shift is where it is now. I also don't like the big ugly header they provided for the profile, and I wouldn't mind its font being smaller. Honest, I'm not that into myself--just incompetent.

Now to the Money Question:
Can you create links for the intro or other information?

Probably. I want to. Don't know how.

--

I may try to put up an extract shortly. Since I have no idea how to format it, it will probably run down the screen for yards.

Any help from anyone reading this would be gratefully appreciated!!!